The WCI has the pleasure of announcing that "KOICA-IAEA Joint Training Programme on Establishment of Long-Term Management Plan by Strengthening Capacity for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radioisotopes and Radiopharmaceutical Application" will take place 23 September(Monday)-4 October(Friday) 2019 in Korea. This training programme will be organized by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in cooperation with KAERI and WCI. The programme consists of lectures, discussion, practical activities, field trips, country reports, and action plan .
Participants should be qualified or experienced in the following;
- Proficient in English with good listening comprehension and communication skills in order to actively participate in the joint training programme without difficulty
- Staff at R&D or medical institutions in the radiochemistry or radiopharmaceutical field. However, medical technologists who operate radiological instruments are excluded.
- Possess at least a bachelor's degree with subjects of either pharmacy, chemistry, biology with knowledge of radioactivity.
For the selected participants, the expenses will be borne by KOICA of the Republic of Korea, including the following:
- A normal economy-class round-trip air ticket from their home countries to Seongnam, Seoul, Daejeon, and Jeong-eup, the Republic of Korea
- Boarding and logging for the entire period will be provided by the host institutes
- Sundry expenses for incidental expenses (subject to change)
- Internal trips.
Nominations should be submitted to the IAEA online through the Technical Cooperation Department’s In Touch system (http://intouch.iaea.org). Applications must be received by the International Atomic Energy Agency, P.O. Box, A-1400 Vienna Austria, not later than July 19, 2019.
The final selection of participants will be done jointly by IAEA, KAERI and WCI, and communicated to KOICA.
Applications to this training program may be called from the following countries: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Morocco, Pakistan, Philippines, China, Argentine, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Macedonia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Tunisia, Mexico, Peru, Serbia, South Africa, Thailand, and Turkey.
For more information, please find attached the prospectus, the application forms and the list of 26 countries for your kind reference and consideration.
We look forward to your active participation.